Pillar Church of Woodlawn is seeking your partnership in the spread of the gospel among the U.S. Military.
We are located outside the gates of Fort Belvoir U.S. Army Installation in Northern Virginia just south of Washington D.C. God has given us a vision to see the gospel transform the lives of military members and their families and to equip them to carry the gospel as Christian missionaries, mobilized by the U.S. Government along “well-worn paths” between duty stations.
You can join us in the accomplishment of this mission.
You can support the mission in the following ways:
- Give of your time and pray for our efforts, individually and corporately with your local church.
- Give of your talents by visiting and working alongside us on a short or long-term mission.
- Give of the treasures God has blessed you with and make a financial contribution here.
We are seeking financial partners with a burden to help a young church plant make an impact in their context. By becoming a partner, you are not necessarily committing to underwrite the entire financial needs of the church plant. You are simply partnering with God in your determined capacity, to see a new local church start off healthy and strong. Ways that you may choose to partner with our church plant may include:
- Provide monthly financial support toward the operating needs of Pillar Woodlawn.
- Give an offering at various times throughout the year to offset operating needs.
- Help offset the housing needs of the pastors or apprentices.
- Adopt a specific ministry or people group in the church.
- Support a specific ministry need, such as underwriting an outreach event.
To give an undesignated offering to the ministries of Pillar Church of Woodlawn, click here.
Here are some more specific current areas of need for Pillar Woodlawn:
We are always seeking to know Jesus and make Him known throughout our community. One way we do this is through outreach events. These include events such as youth camps at parks on Fort Belvoir for children of military families, events and seasonal parties for military members, and neighborhood block parties. In addition to these, we are looking to expand our reach with new events in additional neighborhoods.
You can sponsor:
- A day camp put on by Pillar Woodlawn utilizing mission team assistance.
- An outing for military members (such as a baseball game or date night).
- A neighborhood block party or seasonal event for military members.
To help us meet our outreach needs, please click here.
Mission Housing Improvements
We are privileged to have been gifted a tremendous facility in a strategic location right outside of the gates of Fort Belvoir, VA. Our facility was a gift but came to us in need of a myriad of repairs and improvements. With a large special needs population in close proximity, we have begun to address concerns of access and safety, but much more is needed.
Your contribution for facility needs would allow us to make critical improvements to:
- Handicap accessible bathrooms
- Missionary lodging areas
- Food preparation areas
- Worship space and equipment
- Parking area signage, safety and accessibility
To help us meet our facility needs, please click here.
Church Planting Apprenticeships
All Pillar Church planters have completed a one-year apprenticeship with a Pillar Church in order to be assessed, mentored, and equipped to plant a healthy multiplying church. Pillar Woodlawn is no different, and is already working to identify future apprentices to be prepared for the work of the ministry. These apprentices will have financial and other needs associated with moving, living, training, and launching out into their mission field.
The offering you make toward their apprenticeship needs will allow them to focus on preparation and planning for making disciples in their specific ministry context.
Ways that you could partner with a church planting apprentice include:
- “Adopt” a church planting apprentice’s family while they are in training
- Commit to pray for, encourage, and send care packages to apprentice families
- Pledge monthly support for their church plant as they approach launch.
- Invite an apprentice to come share their passion and vision with your church
- Give an offering at various times throughout the apprenticeship year to help offset costs associated with printing a prospectus, producing a video, and travel
You can also commit to go with a planter, as part of his core team, to help them establish a gospel presence in a military community.
To help us meet our apprenticeship needs, please click here.
General Operational Needs
We use our facility for worship, education, military outreach events, mission team lodging, community events, and church plant incubation. We seek to utilize the facility with which God has blessed us for the benefit of our church plant, other local church planting efforts in Washington D.C. (and beyond), and as a resource to share with our community. However, this great blessing does not come without cost. Maintenance, cleaning, insurance, cemetery upkeep, and utilities comprise a significant portion of our budgetary needs.
You can help us offset our facility needs by clicking here.
“But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it … Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life.” -1 Timothy 6:7, 17-19
If you would like to help support Pillar Church of Woodlawn by making a tax deductible donation to any of the ministry areas listed above there are two methods available. You may send a check to the address provided below or you may use the secure online donation system by clicking here.
Pillar Church of Woodlawn
9001 Richmond Highway
Alexandria, VA 22309